Thursday, January 3, 2013

Being a Girl










So the other day I did the girly thing and watched Sex and the City the movie. I remembered why I love being a girl. I love that movie, the outfits, the shoes, the romance, the friendships! I also thought real friends are not like this, not female friends anyway. Don't you wish that in those times when your life is going great that there were three friends there to say that they were happy for you and really mean it. No "ohh that's so great", with the fakest, hardest half smile ever?  I wish women were more supportive and really were happy to see each other do well. If you have that friend who is super skinny, has the perfect boyfriend, is really smart and you hate her, stop! There is no reason to hate her just because you admire the things she has, admire it and strive for it, emulate her and see how you can improve each other.
I know we have all felt like someone's life is better than ours but maybe they have their own battles and maybe you can help each other and support each other through those hard times. In the wolf pack it seems there is no room for true friendship. I wonder why not? We can't all be the pack leader and we can't all spend our entire lives challenging the pack leader. Maybe we could all learn to take turns being the pack leader, when you don't have it in you step down and be part of the pack but when something great happens in your life then you lead the pack with a smile and with the packs encouragement.  I hope that women come to realize that the pack is there for support and that we don't have to be alone in this thing called life. So stop acting so much like a pack of wild wolves and grab onto your humanity a little bit more.












No comments:

Post a Comment